Tuesday, February 15, 2011

i LOVE my love


Call Day #4 was yesterday, Valentine's day (It was an incredibly slow day...nothing to write about). Therefore, Chris came down this weekend so we could celebrate V-day together. It was phenomenal! He took me to "Bone's", a steakhouse in Buckhead (www.bonesrestaurant.com). I admit I was a little uneasy at first. I don't tend to go to such fancy places often because I'm happy with a steak from Outback! :) However, it was Chris' treat for me and he "just wanted me to feel like a princess"...well he easily surpassed that! The food was exquisite! I got a filet and Chris had a tbone. The service was amazing as well...the waiter greeting us with, "Good evening Mr. Pitts, and madam", showing us a wine list, to which each waiter carried an iPad with ! Despite being full after dinner, we shared a piece of pecan pie a la mode. I'm quite certain it was the best pecan pie I've ever eaten. If you've ever seen me eat pecan pie, I'm quite annoying about it. I LOVE the filling and crust, but despise the large pecans on the top. However, with this one, they finely chop the pecans, and soak them in something so wonderfully flavorful that I would eat them alone. Then, the pie was rather hot and topped with ice cold vanilla bean ice cream!

After dinner, we drove down to this awesome little venue called "The Variety Playhouse". Chris had gotten tickets for us to see Kathleen Madigan, a comedian. Neither of us knew much about her, but I remembered seeing her on one of the first seasons of 'Last Comic Standing', so she must be decent! We were pleasantly surprised. She was indeed, quite comical!

It was a WONDERFUL valentines day...I'm so grateful that I've found my valentine, and I get to keep him for the rest of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment