Friday, February 25, 2011

Adios OB/GYN!!!

My last week of ob/gyn was this week. All of the excitement started Tuesday with my last day of call. It wasn't too extensive though, but at least I got one last c-section under my belt before getting out of there!

Then today was the last day. I had to give a presentation, which I did on Endometriosis. I was naturally a little nervous (I get mildly nervous with any public speaking event). However, the presentation went really well. It was just in front of one other student, my friend Linda, and two of the clinic doctors, one of which was the one I worked with for the last six weeks. Luckily I wasn't grilled on too many questions, and those that were asked, I knew the answers for! :)

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm going to miss ob/gyn. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it...but the moment I saw a baby being born, I was hooked. It was an overly obvious reminder of just how amazing God is and how he works miracles in our lives on a daily basis. I was also spoiled with a wonderful attending physician. He certainly set a high standard for the ones I will have to follow.

Up next: Family Medicine for 6 weeks. I must say, I'm not nearly as excited about family med as I ended up being for ob/gyn, but I'm up for the challenge of the next chapter of this journey! So bring it on people...flu, diabetes, and high blood pressure...bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment