Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Movin' On Up!

Since I've been in Atlanta, I've been looking here and there for somewhere else to live. I kept waiting for the ideal situation that maybe a girlfriend from school would come here and do rotations and we could get a 2bedroom. If you haven't ever looked into it...living in Atlanta is NOT cheap!

Since January I've been living in an extended stay hotel. It's perfectly fine for me. I figure if I can live in Dominica for 16 months, I can live in the States in practically anything. For the last 6 months, I've called it home. It has been incredibly convenient, both for moving, and for my commute to work.

At the beginning of August, I saw an ad for a 1 bedroom studio garage apartment. It looked awesome! However, I tried to stay calm about it because probably 80% of the apartments I would find online that looked great, would be either in terrible condition or in a terrible part of town once I drove to check it out. I sent an email to the person posting the ad, just figuring..."eh, we'll see what happens"...

After a few emails back and forth with the lady renting the space, we set up a time for me to come visit. I took Caroline (sister-in-law) with me to view the space. The neighborhood is great, still close to work, grocery, shopping. The best part is that it's just a man and wife that own the (very nice) home with detached garage. They have been wonderful to work with. After viewing, and loving the space..............We planned for me to move in September 1st!

I was all for moving in ASAP, but there was a girl living there at the time. Therefore, I would have to wait for her to move out. This kind of put a damper on things because my rent would be due again at the hotel on the 21st, so I would have to pay more money here....dilemma? Maybe, but God always has a way of working things out for the best!

I got an email today that I could move in on the 21st for an additional $200. I kindly emailed her back and said that I would love to but I was trying not to spend extra money. However, if she would just change my lease to start on the 21st, then I would be there with boxes in hand! She agreed (again, super nice to work with)!!! So with that...just have to get through my first week of Internal Medicine and pray that I don't have to work this weekend, so that I can pack up, move, and then unpack again!! :)

I'll post pictures once I have everything set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment